Participation on this program has ended.
Voluntary Sales Assistance Program
If you own a dwelling within the City of Dania Beach and it is located in the 65+ DNL noise contour for the expanded south runway, you may be eligible for either of the following two Voluntary Sales Assistance Program options:
- The Standard Sales Assistance Program (SSA Program), or
- The Conveyance and Release Program (CAR Program).
After you are found eligible, you may elect to participate in one of the two programs, subject to the requirement that for residential units with an existing monitored interior noise level for habitable areas of 45 dB or above, the property must have first completed the Voluntary Residential Sound Insulation Program (RSI) in order to be eligible for participation in either the SSA Program or the CAR Program.
Eligible dwellings include Owner and non-Owner occupied single-family homes, condominium units, townhomes, and 2-unit residences constructed prior to December 12, 2008 (FAA ROD date) and who purchased their home before November 25, 2013.
SSA Program vs. CAR Program
The goal of the SSA Program is to provide eligible Owners with the option to sell their homes on the open market and relocate outside the 65+ DNL noise contour area. The Owner will receive a payment from the County in exchange for a CAR Agreement that is recorded on the property in favor of the County at the time of closing. The CAR Agreement must be recorded against the property prior to the deed of conveyance to the new owner.
The goal of the CAR Program is to offer Owners who do not want sell their property, a benefit payment by the County in exchange for a recorded CAR Agreement on their property.
- Owners must own their property before November 25, 2013.
- The dwelling must have been constructed prior to December 12, 2008.
- The property must have completed participation in the Voluntary Residential Sound Insulation Program, unless the property has been determined to have an interior noise level below 45 dB.
- The CAR Program will be available to eligible Owners until the later of: (1) six months after sound insulation under the RSI Program is completed on the property, or (2) six months after the program manager notifies the Owner that the property is not eligible for sound insulation under the RSI Program due to the interior noise level being below 45 dB.
- Owner must execute a CAR Agreement in favor of the County, which will be recorded in the public records.
- An Owner that has completed participation in the CAR Program is not eligible to participate in the SSA Program. An Owner that has completed participation in the SSA Program is not eligible to participate in the CAR Program.
If an Owner's property has title issues which are an impediment to closing, the Owner will not be allowed to participate in the SSA Program or CAR Program until the title issues are removed as an impediment to closing.