What To Do Before Construction Begins
To prepare for the start of construction in your home, you should:
- Remove all curtains, draperies, rods and other decorative treatments except shades or blinds from windows and doors.
- Move furniture a minimum of 48 inches away from window and door areas to allow adequate working space in front of and on each side. This is critically important in avoiding construction delays.
- Remove belongings stored in attics and other areas that are to receive insulation. These areas will be described in your treatment recommendations.
- Remove all valuables from the work area to protect them. Remove fragile items from walls or shelves and store them in a safe place. Vibrations from construction may cause items to fall.
- Clear the area around the electrical panel.
- Remove any window air conditioning units and/or through window vents. Window air conditioners are not recommended for placement in the new windows.